Monday 27 July 2009

Foucault's Pendulum by Umberto Eco


Finally reading Foucault's Pendulum by Umberto Eco. I started it twice before and both times lost my copy of the book. A conspiracy perhaps?

I love these quotes from Eco from a NYT interview.

All links WFS.

I am wondering if you read Dan Brown’s “Da Vinci Code,” which some critics see as the pop version of your “Name of the Rose.” I was obliged to read it because everybody was asking me about it.

My answer is that Dan Brown is one of the characters in my novel, “Foucault’s Pendulum,” which is about people who start believing in occult stuff.

But you yourself seem interested in the kabbalah, alchemy and other occult practices explored in the novel. No, in “Foucault’s Pendulum”

I wrote the grotesque representation of these kind of people. So Dan Brown is one of my creatures.

No comments: